Saturday, December 31, 2016

Baja'Exit - Adios 2016

Old School Pool @ South Bowl: Philly 12-30-16
For some reason, yesterday I woke up at 0300. I still don't know why, but I didn't have anything to do so I rolled with it. It was an opportunity to get more work done in the house. I still don't think I'll make it in time. But that's another story. I got a good bit done. Maybe I don't have as much stuff as I thought.

Okay.. so 0300 to sun up I cleaned and cleared and scanned and shredded until the 1000 meet-up with Dan at a small cafe called The Green Line. It lies somewhere between the University of Pennsylvania and the University of the Sciences. Luckily it's holiday time so there are not a lot of students mulling around. So we chilled there and talked about the e-book, business and passive income from the internet and such.

There's so much going on and so many opportunities I get a bit confused at times. It makes me a bit anxious.

After the meet-up I went home and nodded. The afternoon siesta.

Good move too. In the evening we rolled out to play pool at South Bowl. I called it "Old School Pool" because that's one of the first rituals we launched back in the day.

Finally we rolled out to Trestle Inn and listened to some authentic Old Soul selected by DJ Lil Dave - who happens to be the DJ I've experienced most this year. It just worked out that way. Anyway, Trestle was thin, but fun. You know one of those nights where not a lot of people showed up, but the people who did REALLY wanted to be there and party!!!

On any normal night out we'd have hit a diner and maybe arrive home with the rising sun, but we streamlined it; A quick stop at Wawa for an all-protein night cap. I was still fairly energetic by the time I pulled the sheets over my head... somewhere between 0200 - 0300.

Today I figured I'd be in most of the day... once again, cleaning and clearing, but no sooner than I rose I was tapped for a brunch. Not so very far away so it won't take much time away from the work. I think I'll probably get more done the closer I get to leaving. I may have to come back to tidy up.

The next update will likely be in 2017... So Happy New Year. I know a lot of us will be happy that 2016 is over. It seems like a new start, but I predict it will be even trickier.... but I'll cover that when it comes.

Happy New Year.

No comments: