Saturday, June 17, 2017

Bizarro Dream #61717

There are three aspects of dreams, the way I see it. There's the dream itself, which often I don't remember completely. Then there's the conscious memory of the dream, which is like putting a puzzle together with missing pieces. I provide the missing pieces when I'm awake. Sometimes the people in the dream represent different people in real life. I don't know exactly why this happens. And then there's my interpretation of the dream. There's probably a fourth element as well, which would be a "proper" dream interpreter's assessment; but I rarely take it to that level.
The first bits I remember about this particular dream is traveling with a group of people. We're not particularly friends in the sense of the way. We're compadres as a matter of circumstance, convenience and happenstance.
We are moving through a wooded area like a city park and there are dead animals, mostly dogs, along the road... mostly along the sides of the path. I recognize a few of them from my awakened times... (real life) as those that I saw and spoke to while walking around Georgetown. Sometimes the driver would roll right over a corpse and I'd hear a disembodied female voice from behind me go, "Ewwww." As we went further I'd hear more and more "Ewwws" in chorus as if my compadres had woken up to the possibility that there was a problem but didn't know what. It was as if their shrieks had been reduced to a reflex.
I stayed silent, even when the dead animals on the side if the road became horses.
Just a note here; ideas, images and possible interpretations come to me as I transcribe my dreams. I believe writing it out helps me understand it.
Finally, we stopped. Whatever vehicle or vehicles in which we were riding were gone (I think that my mind disposes of equipment and items it deems necessary or cannot conjure. Phone numbers are a great example.)
Back to the dream.
I am occupying the body of the recently deceased Adam West, but I am me inside. I'm either some kind of tracker/trapper, maybe a soldier or burnt out vet, (which is the character I play in real life), or some kind of mercenary between gigs. In either case, I have the notion that something isn't right with the situation.
The people I arrived with are all like young, some might say privileged hippie travelers, (like those I've seen during my journey) and they're jumping around being amazed by trees and nature and freedom and stuff, completely oblivious to anything outside of themselves and their own gratification. I however feel a sense of impending danger.
A small group of less than a dozen men enter the clearing unnoticed it seemed, by anyone but me.
I sensed that they were up to no good, so I just got my gear and walked away. The men didn't try to stop me, with words or deeds. I never looked back.
Eventually I came to an area that seemed secure. There was a cave. I entered. This is where I would camp out for a while.
Inside the cave opposite the end of a log on which I was sitting, there was a light. It wasn't fire and it wasn't the sun. It was kind if a halogen light, artificial. I think this was my signal to wake up.
My Interpretation
For some unknown reason... maybe chronic caring, I've been frustrated with my social media "friends" who are still thinking in terms of factions and seem to me to be missing the big picture, which is essentially that the powers that be... aka "The Elites" are screwing us all over and setting us up for some kind of (economic?) disaster in which the followers of faction A will blame the followers of faction B, and both sides will be goaded into some kind of (proxy) "war" that will distract them, and most of humanity, (mainly the western word) away from the primary agenda.
What agenda?
The one I most believe, because it makes the most sense to me, is the dissolution of the United States, centralized control from Europe, in order to access the resources of the land and exploit the country's human resources as well.
In my opinion the majority of my compadres who engage in what I believe are childish insults against those they dislike and misguided allegiances to those with whom they agree and admire, have been easily distracted from the greater danger.
The problem is, I'm not certain of this and without certainty I couldn't manage to rouse the passion and charisma necessary to create a cohesive squad to defend against a particular threat.
That's why, in the dream... and arguably in real life, I simply walked away.
As for the cave? I think my mind is my cave. And the light? That may have to be revealed in a different dream.

No comments: