Monday, January 09, 2017

Last Day In Philly

I am out of here in less that 12 hours now.
Last Day... start building and healing tomorrow.

I originally began this entry with a declaration of having no new words, nor any more eloquent thoughts about leaving Philadelphia, than I had five or more years ago. (Five will do...)

If there was ever a time in my life when I (even loosely) planned something, it was getting out of Philly. If everything goes reasonably well I'll be able to catch the sunset from Sunny Isles tomorrow evening.

Today a good bit of anxiety came out during a tea with Dan at the Green Line Cafe. I don't think I'll be able to find something as quaint as this in South Florida, but it's worth looking for... I'll have more time this time around.

Got the middle room sorted somewhat and got the dishes and a few other items to a good home.

I don't have much more to say. I feel the anxiety coming again... until the time I can just say "forget it," and take off.

Maybe this will be edited, or not.

Last Year 1-18-16 at the Y... for context.
Edit One: Ever since leaving the gig I've been losing weight. For this past week I have maintained weight between 174.2 - 175.8 and 14.1 - 14.5% body fat, without exercising... as I usually do. I have however been doing quite a bit of work around the house to prepare to leave. In any case, as I expected, not sitting at the desk for 4 to 6 or 7 hours has shredded some fat... but I've also dropped below 78 lbs of muscle as well.

When I get out of here, for the three or four weeks I have in South Florida, it will be time to add some muscle. Go back to the old school lifting with a combo of old school body weight exercises as well... and a few walks along the beach. We'll see what that does.

Got a few more chores to get at before I "disco" nap for an hour or two. Maybe...


No comments: