Monday, May 01, 2017

Moving Day

Moving Day

I keep going over, in my mind, the way I envision this day going. Check out at noon; maybe go to the mall for a bite, or explore what's around the train station. Grab a Grab (ride) to the station, pick up my ticket - tickets if possible, (wondering if it's possible to make the connection to the Phuket train in Bangkok and get all the passage in one shot), and chill until 1800-ish when the train is scheduled to depart.

If the Chiang Mai to Bangkok train arrives on time, it should be an easy connect to the Phuket train, (which takes us to a bus a few hours ride). As you may have read in a previous entry, I plan; not "for" things to go wrong, but in case they do. Dotting and crossing, laying out the best case scenario, and then backing it up with a couple contingents. I'd submit that traveling in a foreign land where one neither understands the language nor the system, there are a limited number of contingents available.

A good plan/attitude I'm trying to develop, is "let it come." Allow "whatever" to unfold. I've plotted the course, next... follow it.

This practice has worked out thus far during this journey. No reason not to think it won't continue. Let the magic work, but do your (my) part as well.

I believe that "The Magic" and I (anybody, really) work symbiotically. Everyone has the ability. Most of the times when chaos emerges, it's because the person involved didn't do his/her part.

They miss a transport because they over slept, they over slept because they didn't set the alarm, they didn't set the alarm because they stayed out late drinking because they wanted their last night to be epic... and so on. Just as an example.

I keep referring to my military conditioning in these cases, but it serves me well, in these situations.

So I expect the plan of the day to unfold smoothly with few if any glitches, a lot of waiting, but I think I'm prepared. I made this trip in the opposite direction having been in Thailand only a few hours with no idea how to speak the language, completely unprepared, (no food or water with me) believing I'd be on a two hour ride, that was scheduled for twelve and took fourteen.

Hopefully, the return trip, on a Tuesday, and none long holiday weekend, will be on schedule and all connections will be made and I'll get to Kamala in time to watch the sunset.

Cheers. Time to finish packing.

No comments: